Bearnagh Cottage - Newcastle - County Down - Northern Ireland
- Contact Owner
- 3 bedrooms sleeping up to 7
- double (king size) ensuite, tv
- double & single bed, tv
- bunk beds, tv
- bathroom with separate shower & bath, toilet & basin
- open plan kitchen / sun room with fabulous views
- four leather sofas, ample relaxing room, log burning stove linked to under floor heating, some firewood provided
- large screen tv (46") linked to 5.1 surround sound system
- wifi internet access available
- fully equipped modern kitchen
- electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge & freezer
- washing machine & tumble dryer, ironing facilites
- dining table with seating for ten
- sunroom with access to patio area with large picnic table
- situated on small Mourne hill farm, path along stream beside cottage
- guests can follow the fields up over the ridge of Slievenaman to a viewpoint looking down on Tollymore Forest Park and Newcastle
- wheelchair friendly: accommodation all on ground floor, main entrance with wheelchair ramp
- cot & highchair available on request
- heating & electricity included
- bed linen & towels included
- cottage newly built in 2014
- environmentally friendly systems: ground source heat pump linked to under floor heating, wood burning stove, solar hot water, solar PV electricity, grey water system from our mountain spring for flushing toilets, external sockets for charging electric vehicles
- sorry no pets & non smoking, guide dogs only welcome
- ample car parking space
Located in the heart of the Mourne Mountains, situated on a hill farm close to Happy Valley, Happy Vale has two luxury cottages Bearnagh and Meelbeg separated by a courtyard. The cottages built in 2014, have been designed to suit families, walking groups, mountain bikers and other outdoor enthusiasts who want a warm cosy base with mountain walking from the door. Bearnagh Cottage is Northern Ireland Tourist Board 4 star graded.
Happy Vale with a mountain stream running past is a smaller version of Happy Valley. Bearnagh cottage has a stunning spacious live in kitchen/sun room with granite fireplace and wood burning stove. Four leather sofas offer plenty of space for guests to relax and enjoy the surrounding views. Above the fireplace a large screen TV (46”) with a 5.1 surround sound system.
Outside a large picnic table is perfect for groups eating outdoors while enjoying the sound of the stream babbling past. A concrete barbeque stand is provided. A car port is available to help loading and unloading vehicles.
The cottage is situated on farm land where guests are welcome to stroll along the path by the stream or the more adventurous may walk up onto the ridge of Slievenaman above the cottage where they look down on Tollymore Forest Park and Newcastle.
While the cottage has no garden, it is situated on a small Mourne hill farm. A path is provided to permit guests to walk along the stream beside the cottage. Alternatively guests can follow the fields up over the ridge of Slievenaman to a viewpoint looking down on Tollymore Forest Park and Newcastle.
Happy Vale is a showcase for environmentally friendly systems: Ground Source Heat Pump linked to under floor heating, Wood burning Stove, Solar hot water, Solar PV Electricity, Grey water system from our mountain spring for flushing toilets, external sockets for charging electric vehicles. All these features allow you to enjoy your stay while minimising your impact on the environment.
|Prices per week unless stated otherwise||
|Per day (min 2 days)||
High Season Dates: Easter (27 March – 12 April), Summer (23 May – 6 Sept), Christmas/New Year (19 Dec – 3 Jan)
No offers currently available
Contact owner for available dates
£100 deposit secures booking with balance payable 4 weeks prior to arrival.
- check in 4pm - 10pm, check out before 12 noon
- rental Saturday to Saturday or by special arrangement
- £100 damage deposit applicable
- linen/towels supplied free of charge
- electricity included
- central heating included
What's Not Included
Not displaying correctly? click to view
The cottage is a new build an unfortunately not viewable. Nevertheless you can appreciate the location it enjoys. Rotating the view is also available by the controls just above the + symbol. Clicking on the arrows on the road enables you to move location.
Click the marker (changes to red on rollover) in the top left for map view. Please note the address provided by Google Maps in the top left corner is not always accurate.
Have fun and we hope you enjoy your holiday ...
Contact the owner:
Contact the owner by phone:
(028) 6 uk
Property listed here since: March 2015
Like our site?
Please support us by informing owner that you found their dwelling on IrishCottagesDown.com. Thank you!
This Form: The contents of this form will be sent direct by email to the advertiser and will only to be used to enquire about booking this property.
IrishCottagesDown also keeps an archive copy as a back-up for advertisers. You can reference our privacy statement for more information