Westering - Portaferry - County Down - Northern Ireland
- Contact Owner
- 4 bedrooms sleeping up to 8
- double bedroom: kingsize bed, patio doors to garden
- double bedroom: kingsize bed, ground floor
- double bedroom, ground floor, stunning views
- bunk beds
- spacious family bathroom: bath, shower, basin & toilet
- shower room on first floor: shower, toilet & basin
- bright open plan living/kitchen/dining area on first floor
- floor to ceiling windows & juliette balcony, commanding views across the Lough towards the town of Strangford
- wood burning stove
- freesat available on the 42” flat screen HD TV, enhanced with a home theatre sound system. Docking station: so don’t forget your iPod
- wifi internet access
- selection of books, games,cds and dvds
- fully equipped modern kitchen
- fan oven & ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, freezer & dishwasher
- dining seats 8 comfortably, can be extended
- separate laundry room with washing machine & dryer
- bed lined & towels included
- oil fired central heating & electricity included
- initial basket of logs & kindling included
- large rear garden with enclosed lawn
- separate raised sun trap decking area with views across to Strangford, perfect for bbqs
- boat park & slip at front of house
- cot & highchair available on request
- sorry no pets & non smoking
- street parking to the front of the property
Westering is located on the seafront in the popular village Portaferry and its prime position makes it a superb vantage point for the activity on the Narrows and beyond - a perfect look-out!
It provides a luxurious and flexible village base with easy access to all amenities. Recently built in a contemporary style it was designed to take full advantage of the outstanding views.
The light filled open plan living area was purposely placed on the first floor and has floor to ceiling windows and juliette balcony affording commanding views across the Lough towards the town of Strangford.
Awarded a 4-star rating by the NI Tourist Board assures guests of the high quality of our facilities and an outstanding standard of cleanliness and attention to every detail. The house sleeps 8 guests in four bedrooms. Two bedrooms with a king sized bed, one with a double bed and a bedroom with bunk beds.
We have young children ourselves and have equipped Westering to cater for young families. We understand how difficult it can be travelling with little ones, and aim to provide lots of toddler items for you. We supply: Travel cot – please bring your own bedding; High chair; Stair gates; Potty and step; Changing mat; Plastic plates, tumblers, bowls and cutlery; Dressing up box; A selection of books, jigsaws and DVDs. The grassed area of the garden is enclosed and is more suited to younger children. We have provided a dressing up box, a selection of children's books and jigsaws.
Peace and Quiet – sitting in the living room, watching the boats sailing on the Narrows, maybe reading a book and watching the scenery change throughout the day.
Lazy Sunday mornings – a late breakfast with the papers on the deck.
Fishing from Cooke Street pier in the evening.
A meal at The Portaferry Hotel, walking home and not having to worry about driving.
There is a boat park directly in front of the house that you can use during your stay and a slip which gives access to Strangford Lough.
A brisk walk along the shore front on a crisp winter's afternoon.
Cooking and eating a lobster caught by one of the neighbours.
A cosy night in front of the fire watching a DVD.
Feeling energetic, why not take a walk up Windmill Hill and see the Lough spread out below you.
Trying to find native orchids amongst the grass at Killard Point.
High Season: 23rd Mar - 5th Apr, 29th Jun - 30th Aug and 21st Dec - 1st Jan
Mid Season: 6th Apr - 28th Jun and 31st Aug - 1st Nov
Low Season: 2nd Jan - 22nd Mar and 2nd Nov - 20th Dec
No offers currently available
See availability tab above
£100 deposit secures booking with balance payable 6 weeks prior to arrival.
- check in 4pm, check out 11am or by prior arrangement
- rental Saturday to Saturday or by special arrangement
- a refundable £100 good housekeeping deposit required
- linen/towels supplied free of charge
- electricity included
- central heating included
- initial basket of logs & kindling
What's Not Included
Not displaying correctly? Click to view
Westering is in the centre of your picture. If you swivel around you will see that you are only a few steps from the water's edge. Rotating the view is available by the controls just above the + symbol. Clicking on the arrows on the road enables you to move location.
Click the marker (changes to red on rollover) in the top left for map view. Please note the address provided by Google Maps in the top left corner is not always accurate.
Have fun and we hope you enjoy your holiday ...
Contact the owner:
Contact the owner by phone:
Website: click here
Property listed here since: Dec 2011
Like our site?
Please support us by informing owner that you found their dwelling on IrishCottagesDown.com. Thank you!
This Form: The contents of this form will be sent direct by email to the advertiser and will only to be used to enquire about booking this property.
IrishCottagesDown also keeps an archive copy as a back-up for advertisers. You can reference our privacy statement for more information.