Flora Cottage, Millin Bay - Portaferry - County Down - Northern Ireland
- Contact Owner
- 2 bedrooms sleeping up to 4
- double bedroom, ensuite, sea views
- twin bedroom, high ceiling, sea views
- ensuite with mains shower, toilet & basin: sea views
- main bathroom: bath & electric shower, basin & toilet
- bright open plan living area with unrestricted sea views
- open area leads out to decking and beach/sea access
- great location for writers, painters looking for inspiration
- sunrise over sea horizon, views of Isle of Man
- mingle with nature, birds, seals, badgers & hares
- large bright living area with lofted roof/ceiling
- tv, dvd player & cd/radio player
- wifi internet access available
- fully equipped modern kitchen
- dining with seating for six
- electric oven & hob, microwave
- fridge & freezer, dishwasher
- washing machine, dryer, iron & ironing board
- oil fired central heating & open fire
- linen & towels supplied
- patio furniture & barbeque facilites available
- cottage is wheelchair accessible and on one level, wide doors
- introductory welcome pack
- sorry no pets & non smoking
- ample car parking
- due to location this dwelling is not suitable for children, adults only
Flora Cottage is partnered with Millin Bay House less than 100 metres away.
Three miles from the town of Portaferry you drive east for around five minutes and you could be forgiven for thinking you have entered another world. This is a beautiful, tranquil part of County Down that will have you coming back frequently. Flora Cottage enjoys a privileged position on Millin Bay with the sea shore lapping your back door. The views are outstanding and unrestricted with the sea and the sky meeting to form your horizon.
Being in such an environment means that you are immersed in nature. Apart from badgers, hares and the ability to bird spot on the retreating tide, seals can also at times be seen frolicking not far off shore.
Waking up to the scenery with the sea yards from your door can only have you wishing to stay for another week. The environment is unqiue and conducive to reflection and creativity, the perfect place for artists and painters.
Flora Cottage shares the location with the owners private dwelling.
|Prices per week unless stated otherwise||
|April - June, Sept - Oct||
|Rest of Year||
|Weekend (2 nights)||
No offers currently available
See availability tab above
£150 deposit secures booking with balance payable 6 weeks prior to arrival.
- check in 4pm, check out 10am or by prior arrangement
- rental Saturday to Saturday or by special arrangement
- damage deposit also applicable
Download Flora Cottage Booking Form
- linen/towels supplied free of charge
- electricity included
- central heating included
- welcome pack
What's Not Included
Submitted by owner from cottage guestbook:
"I just wanted to say Flora Cottage is amazing, we really enjoyed our stay, and we couldn't have ask for better weather. We have seen a heron, and the hare came quite regularly, hermit crabs and on the last morning we had a visit from an otter, it was up beside the cottage and then went down into the sea, I would recommend this place to anyone, thanks."
"A wonderful quiet, comfortable and relaxing stay by the sea watching the local wildlife.”
"Brilliant cottage and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Total away-from-it-all relaxation."
"It is a beautiful cottage in absolutely idyllic surroundings. I have no doubt that we will be contacting you again in the future. We will be recommending your cottage to all our friends."
“I have a feeling that you'll soon be needing more weeks in the year as it becomes a favourite with all who are lucky enough to stay there.”
“We are so lucky to have discovered [Flora] and to have had your help and fantastic support in making it our best holiday ever”.
“A lovely place to stay – very comfortable”
“Everything was perfect”
"The cottage is very nice and the view is spectacular”
"The pre-arrival communications were fantastically helpful”
“The facilities were luxurious and thoughtful”
“Thanks to the thorough planning you helped us with before we travelled”
“We loved the nature – spotted 2 herons a flock of oyster catchers, several hares including a baby one and a big boar badger”
“Flora Cottage is beautifully decorated, perfectly sited piece of heaven”
“Millin Bay is gorgeous and we particularly enjoyed the absolute peace with the only sounds being swallows, martins and oyster catchers”
“The cottage is laid out beautifully and you have provided everything we needed – it is kitted out very thoughtfully”
“Our week was wonderful and we look forward to returning – hopefully for longer next time”
Flora Cottage: review by thomas
This is the place we have been looking for all these years. Its fantastic, the layout is lovely inside, and the view from the patio is breathtaking. We are definitely coming back. Thanks Karen.
Date of stay: 14.10.12
Travelled With: with spouse/partner
Would you recommend this accommodation to a friend? yes
Not displaying correctly? Click to view
The cottage is straight ahead enjoying private water access. Rotating the view is available by the controls just above the + symbol. Clicking on the arrows on the road enables you to move location.
Click the marker (changes to red on rollover) in the top left for map view. Please note the address provided by Google Maps in the top left corner is not always accurate.
Have fun and we hope you enjoy your holiday ...
Contact the owner:
Contact the owner by phone:
+ 353 872 415 844 uk
+ 353 872 415 844 intl
Website: click here
Property listed here since: March 2012
Like our site?
Please support us by informing owner that you found their dwelling on IrishCottagesDown.com. Thank you!
This Form: The contents of this form will be sent direct by email to the advertiser and will only to be used to enquire about booking this property.
IrishCottagesDown also keeps an archive copy as a back-up for advertisers. You can reference our privacy statement for more information.