Cowey Cottage - Portaferry - County Down - Northern Ireland
- Virtual Tour
- Contact Owner
- 2 bedrooms sleeping up to 4
- double bedroom: super kingsize bed, lough views
- twin room in open plan eaves mezzanine, steep stairs (not suitable for very small children or poor mobility)
- wetroom: walk in shower, basin & toilet
- open plan living area, stone floors & exposed wall
- leather sofas & coffee table, log burner
- tv & dvd player, ipod dock
- board games and small library
- wifi internet access available
- fully equipped modern kitchen, countryside views
- electric oven & hob, fridge
- laundry facilities available
- dining table with seating for 8
- electricity & central heating included
- bed linens & towels included
- garden seating with countryside and Lough Cowey views
- 15 minute walk to shore of Strangford Lough along country lanes
- beach chairs, picnic set and beach towels provided
- charcoal BBQ available
- welcome pack
- sorry no pets & non smoking, ample car parking space
Cowey Cottage overlooks Lough Cowey, enjoying panoramic views of the rolling County Down countryside. Situated only 3 miles from Portaferry in tranquil, peaceful countryside, Cowey Cottage is an ideal base to get away from it all. A very safe and secure location within the grounds of Thomastown House.
A 15 minute walk will bring you to the shores of Strangford Lough (see photos below) where you can continue a full circuit of seven miles taking in the breath taking scenery and spotting the local wildlife.
This stone built traditional cottage, dating back to the 1800's, oozes character and charm. From low doorways to stone flooring and exposed stone walls, Cowey Cottage has been thoughtfully and sumptously decorated. The open plan living area with its log burner and leather sofas provides a relaxing environment. The main double bedroom with four poster bed is downstairs as well as the bathroom. Nestled under the eaves on a mezzanine, with access by a steep staircase, is a twin room.
|Prices per week unless stated otherwise||
|Per night (min 2 nights)||
No offers currently available
Contact owner for available dates
£150 deposit secures booking with balance payable 4 weeks prior to arrival.
- check in 4pm, check out 10am or by prior arrangement
- rental Saturday to Saturday or by special arrangement
- refundable £150 damage deposit required (will be posted back to you within 7 days of departure)
Terms & Conditions
- linen/towels supplied free of charge
- electricity included
- central heating included
- welcome pack
What's Not Included
Not displaying correctly? Click to view
Cowey Cottage is not viewable from the road but can be accessed by continuing through the gates ahead as you look. If you turn to your left and take the next left you will come to Strangford Lough.
Rotating the view is available by the controls just above the + symbol. Clicking on the arrows on the road enables you to move location.
Click the marker (changes to red on rollover) in the top left for map view. Please note the address provided by Google Maps in the top left corner is not always accurate.
Have fun and we hope you enjoy your holiday ...
Contact the owner:
Contact the owner by phone:
Website: click here
Property listed here since: July 2013
Like our site?
Please support us by informing owner that you found their dwelling on IrishCottagesDown.com. Thank you!
This Form: The contents of this form will be sent direct by email to the advertiser and will only to be used to enquire about booking this property.
IrishCottagesDown also keeps an archive copy as a back-up for advertisers. You can reference our privacy statement for more information