The Barn - Barr Hall Barns - Portaferry - County Down - Northern Ireland
- Virtual Tour
- Contact Owner
- 3 bedrooms sleeping up to 6
- double bedroom: 1st floor, countryside views
- twin bedroom: 1st floor, countryside views
- twin bedroom: ground floor
- divan bed settee on balcony
- upstairs bathroom with bath, w.c. & basin
- downstairs wheelchair friendly wetroom with walk in shower, w.c. & basin (adjacent to bedroom, can be used as ensuite)
- open plan living area with high lofted roof and balcony over looking living area
- original beams & stone work integrated sympathetically
- traditional feature fire place with black cast-iron gas stove
- tv & dvd player, book library
- wifi internet access available
- fully equipped modern kitchen
- Esse cooking stove (gas), microwave
- fridge with access to large communal freezer
- dining table with seating for 8
- common laundry room with washing machine & dryer
- space for wet clothes, iron & ironing board
- bed linen & towels included
- electricity & central heating included
- large communal garden area with picnic benches
- stunning views over Barr Hall Bay to the Mourne Mountains
- tranquil, peaceful location at the tip of the Ards Peninsula
- ample car parking
The Cottage is also available at this location. A further one bedroom dwelling is also available.
The Barn is in a truely outstanding tranquil setting with views to match. Located at the tip of the Ards Peninsula, overlooking Barr Hall Bay, getting away from it all is an immediate reality. Views across the bay to the famous Mourne Mountains.
To view a further cottage at this location click to view The Cottage. There is also a one bedroom cottage available. A family group booking of the Barn & the one bedroom cottage, The Apartment, attracts a 10% discount.
Barr Hall Bay is National Trust protected and is a common location for basking seals. You are located right at the meeting point of Strangford Lough and the Irish Sea and overlook the Narrows and the Barmouth with its turbulent waters that prompted the Viking invaders to name it the 'Strang fjord'. The lough is a site of Special Scientific Interest and of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Strangford Lough is steeped in history and boasts 5th century early Christian associations with the presence of St Patrick around Downpatrick and the Lecale areas. It's coastline is dotted with abbey ruins and early Christian sites which were ruined by Vikings in the 9th & 10th centuries. Thereafter is a Norman legacy of fortified castles and houses around parts of the Lough all associated with the De Courcy family and their fuedal retainers.
The Barn is 3.5 miles from Portaferry where you can expect all your local services. (Tesco/Asda - not resident in Portaferry - can do an online food delivery should you wish!). A ferry service is operational every half an hour and can take you and your car across to Strangford. From here, Downpatrick is only a 20 minute drive, with Newcastle and the Mournes only 45 minutes away. (More information on the ferry service can be found on the attractions page).
|Prices per week unless stated otherwise||
|June - Sept||
|Rest of Year||
|Weekend (3 nights)||
No offers currently available
See availability tab above
50% deposit secures booking with balance payable 6 weeks prior to arrival.
- check in 4pm, check out 10am or by prior arrangement
- rental Saturday to Saturday or by special arrangement
- linen/towels supplied free of charge
- electricity included
- central heating included
What's Not Included
Not displaying correctly? Click to view
The cottages are to your immediate left and look out onto a private courtyard, hence why we can't quite get to their door. Nevertheless you can appreciate their location. Rotating the view is available by the controls just above the + symbol. Clicking on the arrows on the road enables you to move location.
Click the marker (changes to red on rollover) in the top left for map view. Please note the address provided by Google Maps in the top left corner is not always accurate.
Have fun and we hope you enjoy your holiday ...
Contact the owner:
Contact the owner by phone:
Barr Hall Barns
+ 78 3 intl
Website: click here
Property listed here since: May 2012
Like our site?
Please support us by informing owner that you found their dwelling on IrishCottagesDown.com. Thank you!
This Form: The contents of this form will be sent direct by email to the advertiser and will only to be used to enquire about booking this property.
IrishCottagesDown also keeps an archive copy as a back-up for advertisers. You can reference our privacy statement for more information.