The Old Orchard - Dundonald - County Down - Northern Ireland
- Contact Owner
- 3 bedrooms sleeping up to 6
- double bedroom, downstairs, ensuite
- double bedroom, upstairs, ensuite, views
- twin bedroom, upstairs, ensuite, views
- downstairs ensuite wetroom with bath
- ensuites with thermostatic showers
- first floor sitting room with tv & dvd player
- wood burning stove with fuel provided
- small selection of books & children’s games
- fully equipped modern kitchen
- electric oven & hob, microwave
- fridge freezer and dishwasher
- utility area with washer dryer, airing cupboard
- dining room with seating for 6
- open fire with fuel provided
- wifi internet access
- cot & highchair available on request
- bed linen & towels provided
- thermostatic central heating, constant hot water, electricity included
- secluded patio area, bbq & garden furniture
- access to fields and woodland walks, 24 acres
- pets welcome by arrangement, kennels can be provided
- wheelchair friendly, ramp to front door
- car parking space for two cars
- welcome pack
- views over the Down countryside, Scrabo Tower & Strangford Lough
- facilties for drying wetsuits and other outdoor wet gear.
- few miles from Belfast and Comber with easy access to the Comber Greenway, a cycle and walking path that stretches from Comber right into the heart of Belfast.
The Old Orchard nestles in the heart of the countryside yet only 7 miles from Belfast city centre.
The accommodation, recently converted to a very high standard (NITB Certified with a 5* rating) sleeps six. There are 3 ensuite bedrooms, a sitting room with television, DVD player, a selection of books and children’s games and a wood burning stove, a large dining room with open fire and a very well equipped kitchen. All fuel for the fires is provided free of charge. A cot and / or highchair is available upon request. Please advise should this be required, at time of booking.
There is a wonderfully secluded and quiet patio area with BBQ and seating leading to the garden gate which takes you through to the fields, providing easy walking for all ages. Guests are encouraged to investigate the woodland walks and the Christmas Tree plantations.
As we are pet friendly, dogs are very welcome although not in the bedrooms. With 24 acres surrounding the property there is ample space for them to run and to be walked through fields, woodland tracks or just in the enclosed garden/patio area. The owners have an outdoor kennel with run which is available on request. However, prior notice is needed.
A beautiful shared courtyard leads you to the main entrance of the property which is only 20 metres from the guests’ very secluded & private car parking area. There is space for 2 cars.
The property has been designed also with the elderly and the disabled (accompanied by able bodied) in mind, as not only can you access the building via the Kitchen steps, the property can also be accessed via a ramp leading from the courtyard to the double front doors enabling these guests to enter easily. The downstairs has a spacious double bedroom which features an ensuite wetroom shower and contains a bath, a fully equipped kitchen, and a spacious dining room with open fire. All doors are wheelchair & walking frame accessible as are the light switches, door handles & appliance handles.
The three bedrooms are all finished to a very high standard and enjoy stunning views across the Craigantlet and Castlereagh Hills and beyond to Scrabo Tower. There is one double bedroom upstairs, one twin bedroom upstairs and as previously stated, one double bedroom downstairs. All bed linen and towels are supplied free of charge.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Old Orchard in the not too distant future.
|Prices per week unless stated otherwise||
|September to June||
|Mid Week Break per night||
|Weekend Break (Fri - Sun)||
No offers currently available
See availability tab above
£150 deposit secures booking (this is taken as security deposit & is returned). Full cost is then payable 4 weeks prior to arrival.
- check in 4pm, check out 10am or by prior arrangement
- rental Saturday to Saturday or by special arrangement
- linen/towels supplied free of charge
- electricity included
- central heating included
- welcome pack
- free wifi internet access
What's Not Included
Submitted by owner from cottage guestbook:
So pleased to have found such a wonderful place to stay.
Thank you. Hoping to come back next year
Ellesmere Port Cheshire
Thank you for a lovely stay in your well appointed and beautiful cottage ...
Really enjoyed our stay here. Thank you for all the lovely food in the Welcome Pack - comfortable house, very well equipped.
Lovely accommodation, wonderful hospitality. So enjoyed your bounty! Thank you.
Boston Massachuettes USA
Really enjoyed our stay as did our two dogs. Look forward to returning in the not too distant future.
Lovely stay home away from home. Ronnie had his best sleep ever - 13 hours!!
Thank you so much. Be back soon.
Enjoyed our stay immensely - very comfortable and ideal also for our small dog.
Great location, super accommodation and lovely welcome. Many thanks. Great walks for the dog.
We had a fantastic stay in your beautiful house. Many thanks for everything.
Not displaying correctly? Click to view
The Old Orchard is through the stone pillars as you look, 300 metres up the lane. If you swivel to your right you will get a great idea of what the surrounding countryside is like. Rotating the view is available by the controls just above the + symbol. Clicking on the arrows on the road enables you to move location.
Click the marker (changes to red on rollover) in the top left for map view. Please note the address provided by Google Maps in the top left corner is not always accurate.
Have fun and we hope you enjoy your holiday ...
Contact the owner:
Contact the owner by phone:
Penny & Tony Johnston
Website: click here
Property listed here since: Dec 2012
Like our site?
Please support us by informing owner that you found their dwelling on IrishCottagesDown.com. Thank you!
This Form: The contents of this form will be sent direct by email to the advertiser and will only to be used to enquire about booking this property.
IrishCottagesDown also keeps an archive copy as a back-up for advertisers. You can reference our privacy statement for more information.