The Loft Castle Espie - Comber - County Down - Northern Ireland
- Contact Owner
- 1 bedroom sleeping 2
- double bedroom: king size bed with lake/sea views
- sofa bed in living room which can sleep 2
- shower room: shower, basin, toilet & lake views
- living room with private lake/sea views
- pot belly gas stove, tv & dvd player
- fully equipped modern kitchen
- electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge
- dining suitable for 2
- washing machine & tumble dryer, ironing facilities
- bed linen & towels provided
- welcome basket with continental breakfast on 1st morning
- full Irish breakfast available on request at further cost
- oil fired central heating
- access to five acres of private gardens, picnicking areas
- castle espie wildfowl and wetlands trust on your doorstep
- sailing, riding, fishing, golf and leisure centre with pool all nearby
- two award winning restaurants within five miles
- picnic hampers can be ordered in advance
- bicycle hire available, drying room for wet gear (e.g. sailing, golfing, walking clothing & equipment), ample car parking
- airport/ferry private transfers can be arranged
- accommodation not suitable for children
- dogs and pets not allowed, guide dogs welcome
- non smoking
The Loft is a 1st floor apartment set within the extensive grounds of Castle Espie House which dates back to 1860. Quiet, rural and coastal setting, only two miles from Comber. The property is ideally located for exploring the Lough and surrounding area of County Down. The historic town of Comber is only five minutes away.
If tranquility is what you are looking for and you like your neighbours to be kingfishers and wildfowl, then you have found an ideal location. Castle Espie WWT is right on your doorstep (for more information see C1 on the attractions page). WWT is a haven for fledgling ornithologists and for a large gathering of geese, ducks and swans. Many of the birds are so tame they will take food from your hand. The best time to visit is between May and June, when the grounds are overrun with goslings, ducklings and cygnets.
There are several historical sites nearby including Scrabo Tower and Greyabbey. You could also visit the town of Portaferry and travel across Strangford Lough by ferry to visit Castle Ward. The surrounding area has a lot to offer with a wide range of attractions to visit during your stay. These include Nendrum Monastic Site, Rowallane Gardens, and Island Hill Nature Reserve.
There are also many other places slightly further-afield to explore by car including - The Kingdom of Mourne Folk and Transport Museum, Mount Stewart House and Gardens, St Patricks Cathedral, Downpatrick & Belfast City Centre is also a short drive away or is easily accessible by public transport. While there, you can shop or partake in the buzzing nightlife with a wide range of nightclubs and bars available to suit all tastes.
|Prices available in request||
|Per night (minimum 2 night stay)||
No offers currently available
See availability tab above
£100 deposit secures booking with balance payable 6 weeks prior to arrival.
- check in 4pm, check out 10am or by prior arrangement
- rental Saturday to Saturday or by special arrangement
- linen/towels supplied free of charge
- electricity included
- central heating included
- welcome basket with continental breakfast 1st morning
What's Not Included
Reviews submitted by users of IrishCottagesDown.com:
Stay here! You will love it: review by jenni o
From May to July we stayed in many cottages and apartments in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland, and The Loft, Castle Espie was the most welcoming, the most beautiful, and the most relaxing.
The owners, who live in the lovely house on the same sweeping grounds are generous, warm, and treat you as if you are family friends (without intruding in the least). The Loft apartment is very special, with quality, thoughtful touches everywhere.
Jenny's goodies supplied for a continental breakfast for the first morning (including delicious home-baked bread) were more than enough to last a number of mornings.
Over the quiet country road is a bird sanctuary; Belfast, Comber, Strangford Lough and all the lovely smaller Northern Irish towns are a short drive away.
Date of stay 17.07.14
Travelled With: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this accommodation to a friend? Yes
Not displaying correctly? Click to view
The Loft is amongst the trees as you look. Swivel to your right to see the sea or go up the lane to view the lake on your left. At the top of the lane you will be able to see Castle Espie Wildfowl & Wetland Trust's grounds. If you go back down the lane and turn left at the junction and continue along for a short distance you will come to the main entrance.
Rotating the view is available by the controls just above the + symbol. Clicking on the arrows on the road enables you to move location.
Click the marker (changes to red on rollover) in the top left for map view. Please note the address provided by Google Maps in the top left corner is not always accurate.
Have fun and we hope you enjoy your holiday ...
Contact the owner:
Contact the owner by phone:
+ 44 7 intl
Website: click here
Property listed here since: March 2012
Like our site?
Please support us by informing owner that you found their dwelling on IrishCottagesDown.com. Thank you!
This Form: The contents of this form will be sent direct by email to the advertiser and will only to be used to enquire about booking this property.
IrishCottagesDown also keeps an archive copy as a back-up for advertisers. You can reference our privacy statement for more information.