Meta's Cottage - Banbridge/Castlewellan - County Down - Northern Ireland
- Contact Owner
- 2 bedrooms sleeping up to 4
- double bedroom
- twin bedroom
- bathroom: bath with shower, toilet & wash-hand basin
- open plan living / kitchen area
- living area with two sofas, tv & dvd player
- angle-nock fire place with log burning stove
- dining table and chairs
- fully equipped modern kitchen with belfast sink
- electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge
- washing machine & tumble dryer, ironing facilities
- patio area, garden furniture & charcoal barbeque
- enclosed landscaped garden
- garden views of countryside & mourne mountains
- large store attached to the cottage suitable for drying, fishing tackle, golf clubs and bicycles
- central heating & electricity included
- towels & bed linen included
- welcome pack: selection of cereals milk & home made treats
- guide dogs welcome, no pets allowed
- cot & highchair available on request
- ample car parking space
Meta's cottage is a recently renovated traditional style cottage which lies in an area of outstanding natural beauty nestled between the Dromara hills and the Mourne mountains.
Surrounded by countryside, Meta's cottage is just 11 miles and a 20 minute drive from the popular seaside town of Newcastle and close to many interesting and enjoyable attractions. The closest town is Castlewellan which is 8 miles away, followed by Banbridge 10 miles, both driveable within 15 minutes and 19 minutes respectively.
Tullymore and Castlewellan forest parks are perfect for lazy country walks, Murlough Nature reserve - great for spotting wildlife. Banbridge town - steeped in history and ideal for a day out shopping.
Golfers can enjoy a round at Royal County Down golf club, hikers can explore the majestic countryside and coastline or simply relax and soak in the complete silence and glorious views.
|Prices per week unless stated otherwise||
|May, June, Sept & Oct||
|Rest of Year||
|Weekend (2/3 nights) per night||
No offers currently available
See availability tab above
£100 deposit secures booking with balance payable 8 weeks prior to arrival.
- check in 4pm, check out 10am or by prior arrangement
- rental Saturday to Saturday or by special arrangement
- linen/towels supplied free of charge
- electricity included
- central heating included
- welcome pack
What's Not Included
Submitted by owner from cottage guestbook:
Lovely cottage. Had a great time. Many thanks!! Good luck for the future!
Had a really nice time. Lovely area and well impressed. Really nice cottage and loving the stove. Never burned coal for years. Strange from miner!!
UK & Dublin
Had a great time, cottage is lovely! Be back soon!
Your cottage is so cozy and comfy and warm. Pity our time is so short here - a week-end is just not long enough!! Tired but happy after 26kms today and tomorrow Sunday - Slieve Donard will be ours.
Thank you! Lovely cottage, so well equipped to make us most welcome. We enjoyed our time here hugely.
Essex & Portadown
Beautiful cottage. Very well equipped with grest attention paid to detail. It has everything you need for a break in the country. A fabulous mix of authenticity and practicality. Outstanding decor! We loved it and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Bangor, Co Down
Not displaying correctly? Click to view.
The cottage can be seen on the right of your picture behind the trees. Street View has yet to be updated and you can see the cottage in its previous state. Nevertheless you can appreciate the location. Click on the icons to explore the environment fully. Additionally clicking on the arrows on the road enable you to move location.
Click the marker (changes to red on rollover) in the top left for map view. Please note the address provided by Google Maps in the top left corner is not always accurate.
Have fun and we hope you enjoy your holiday ...
Contact the owner:
Contact the owner by phone:
Website: click here
Property listed here since: October 2014
Like our site?
Please support us by informing owner that you found their dwelling on IrishCottagesDown.com. Thank you!
This Form: The contents of this form will be sent direct by email to the advertiser and will only to be used to enquire about booking this property.
IrishCottagesDown also keeps an archive copy as a back-up for advertisers. You can reference our privacy statement for more information